The TWiVers review phase 3 efficacy and safety results for the Novavax COVID-19 vaccine, effects on the neonatal immune system caused by maternal infection with SARS-CoV-2, and NHC, the metabolite of molnupiravir, causes mutations in cellular DNA.
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- Efficacy and safety of Novavax vaccine (medRxiv) 3:28
- A floret of spikes with Matt Frieman (TWiV 729) 5:30
- Maternal SARS-CoV-2 infection affects neonatal immunity (Nat Immunol) 21:01
- NHC is mutagenic in mammalian cells (J Inf Dis) 47:50
- Coding for catastrophe (Nat Struct Mol Biol)
- Molnupiravir development (Nature)
- Letters read on TWiV 818 1:06:13
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Weekly Picks 1:30:36
Dickson – John Clease
Brianne – Astronomy Picture of the Day: Swirl in the Southern Sky
Kathy – Lise Meitner Statue is at the Humboldt University
Rich – Google has the cleanest cloud. Now it’s helping other companies go green
Vincent – Discovery of reverse transcriptase by Baltimore and Temin
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees
Send your virology questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org