Hosts: Vincent Racaniello and Rich Condit
Vincent and Rich answer listener questions on viruses and gluten allergy, RNA silencing, influenza virus, herpes simplex virus, HIV/AIDS, chronic fatigue syndrome, manicure salons, and the koala tea of Marseilles.
This episode is sponsored by Data Robotics Inc.
Click the arrow above to play, or right-click to download TWiV #81 (68 MB .mp3, 94 minutes)
Subscribe (free): iTunes, RSS, email
Links for this episode:
- Virus infections and gluten intolerance on TWiS (thanks Jesper!)
- Viral small RNAs in PLoS Pathogens (thanks Jason!)
- Canadian Summit Awards (thanks Jim!)
- Experimenting with phage at home (thanks Richard!)
- CRISPR discovered by a dairy company (thanks Joel!)
- Expedition to New Guinea to sample bird viruses – movie and blog entry (thanks Henrik!)
- Preventing herpes with arginine and lysine – pdf (thanks Anthony!)
- Chronic fatigue donors face rejection (thanks James!)
- The Koala tea of Marseilles is not strained (thanks Stephen!)
- The other Larson virus cartoon (jpg)
- Letters read on TWiV 81
Weekly Science Picks
Rich Google Chrome browser ‘speed test‘ (and how it was made)
Vincent Inside the Outbreaks by Mark Pendergrast
Send your virology questions and comments to email@example.com.
Leave a Reply