Chadi and Caroline join TWiV to describe the potential epidemiological and evolutionary impacts of vaccine nationalism, and their modeling which emphasizes the importance of rapid equitable vaccine distribution for global control of the pandemic.
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- Vaccine nationalism and control of the pandemic (Science) 9:51
- Vaccine sharing app
- Dynamics of SARS-CoV-2 simulation
- Dynamics of vaccination simulation
- Vaccine effectiveness against hospitalization (MMWR) 54:41, 58:01
- Letters read on TWiV 807 1:02:55
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Weekly Picks 1:24:28
Dickson – Ernie Kovaks-Nairobi Trio
Brianne – XKCD Summarizes this Episode
Rich – Texas Coronavirus Antibody REsponse Survey (CARES) (Dashboard)
Vincent – Elmer Pfefferkorn
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees
Send your virology questions and comments to email@example.com