In COVID-19 clinical update #76, Daniel Griffin covers association of age and pediatric household transmission, rapid antigen testing in remote communities, shedding of infectious virus in vaccinated individuals, FDA amendment of mRNA vaccine EUA to allow a third dose, new vaccine mandate for NY state, full vaccination suppresses selection of variants, effectiveness of mRNA vaccines in nursing homes, sustained effectiveness of mRNA vaccines against hospitalization, and no benefit from early convalescent serum in high-risk outpatients.
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- Age and pediatric household transmission (JAMA) 2:30
- Rapid antigen testing in remote communities (MMWR) 5:13
- Shedding of infectious virus from vaccinated individuals (medRxiv) 7:13
- Additional vaccine doses for immunocompromised (FDA) 11:17
- New vaccine mandate for New York (NYS) 14:08
- Vaccination suppresses variant emergence (medRxiv) 15:25
- mRNA vaccine effectiveness in nursing homes (MMWR) 18:24
- Effectiveness of mRNA vaccines against hospitalization (MMWR) 22:36
- mRNA vaccine sustained effectiveness against hospitalization (MMWR) 24:42
- No benefit of convalescent plasma for high-risk outpatients (NEJM) 28:13
- Letters read on TWiV 795 30:56
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees
Send your questions for Dr. Griffin to email@example.com