TWiV discusses the finding that the envelope (E) protein of SARS-CoV-2 is sensed by toll-like receptor 2 on cells, leading to the production of inflammatory cytokines that cause damage to cells and tissues in COVID-19.
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- ASV vaccine town halls 2:38
- Michelson Prizes 5:51
- FDA authorizes Pfizer/BioNTech mRNA vaccine for adolescents (FDA) 8:09
- TLR2 senses SARS-CoV-2 E protein (Nat Imm) 12:19
- Review on CoV E protein (Virology J) 34:12
- Letters read on TWiV 754 54:56
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Weekly Picks 1:23:21
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees
Send your virology questions and comments to email@example.com