Susan Weiss returns to TWiV to discuss coronavirus entry into cells and the role of spike protein cleavage by proteases, why lab escaped hypotheses for SARS-CoV-2 are unlikely, and modulation of innate immune responses during infection.
Guest: Susan Weiss
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- ASV hosts free COVID-19 Vaccine Education Town Halls (register here) 3:21
- CoV pathogenesis in CNS (J Neuro Pharm)
- SARS-CoV-2 induces dsRNA-mediated innate responses (bioRxiv) 47:30
- Screen of FDA-approved drugs (J Viral) 58:14
- Letters read on TWiV 734 1:09:27
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Weekly Picks 1:55:18
Brianne – Tiktok of How mRNA Vaccines Work
Alan – Dark
Rich – Unmixing Color Machine (Ultra Laminar Reversible Flow) – Smarter Every Day 217
Amy – MOMA Calder exhibit, reviewed in NYTimes
Vincent – Ripple Training (free YouTube channel)
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees
Send your virology questions and comments to email@example.com