In COVID-19 clinical update #51, Daniel Griffin reviews use of two masks, effectiveness of testing in nursing homes, updates on vaccines, use of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, little effect of vitamin D and remdesivir in clinical studies, and a long COVID research initiative from NIH.
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- Updated NYC mask guidance (NYC Health) 6:04
- Two masks recommended (CDC)
- Effectiveness of testing in nursing homes (Clin Inf Dis) 7:23
- Vaccine reactogenicity and antibody response after COVID-19 (medRxiv) 9:33
- Bamlanivimab alone or with Etesevimab (JAMA) 13:46
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs and death (BMJ) 16:46
- Budesonide and COVID-19 (medRxiv) 17:20
- No effect of vitamin D high dose (JAMA) 22:34
- Remdesivir little effect on hospitalized patients (NEJM) 25:00
- Sequelae 6 months after infection (JAMA) 25:45
- Long COVID initiative (NIH) 27:05
- Letters read on TWiV 724 29:29
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees
Send your questions for Dr. Griffin to email@example.com