TWiV reviews additional data on the UK variant of SARS-CoV-2, the distinct variant spreading in South Africa, association of afucosylated antiviral IgG with severe COVID-19, approval of AstraZeneca vaccine in the UK, and winners of the pandemic poem contest.
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- BSL-3 Assistant Manager position 1:24
- PHE update #2 (pdf) 2:46
- South African variant (medRxiv) 37:12
- CDC cautious in conclusions on variant 15:54
- Afucosylated IgG and severe COVID-19 (Science) 1:07:31
- AstraZeneca vaccine EUA in UK (BBC) 59:21
- Letters read on TWiV 700 1:37:26
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Weekly Picks 1:57:24
Brianne – Ready Player Two
Kathy – Bert Hubert’s Reverse Engineering of the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine
Rich – Boston Dynamics running robots
Vincent – Fever by John Fuller
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees
Send your virology questions and comments to email@example.com