At Tufts University Dental School in Boston, Vincent speaks with Katya Heldwein and Sean Whelan about their careers and their work on herpesvirus structure and replication of vesicular stomatitis virus.
Host: Vincent Racaniello
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- Crystal structure of HSV gB (Science)
- Crystal structure of HSV fusion regulator gH-gL (Nat Struct Mol Biol)
- Nuclear Exodus: Herpesviruses Lead the Way (Ann Rev Virol)
- VSV Pseudotypes Bearing gB, gD, gH, and gL (J Virol)
- Recovery of infectious VSV from cDNA clones (PNAS)
- Structure of the L Protein of VSV (Cell)
- Unique strategy for mRNA cap methylation by VSV (PNAS)
- Molecular architecture of VSV RNA polymerase (PNAS)
This episode is brought to you by the Defense Threat Reduction Agency. Part of the U.S. Department of Defense, the Agency’s Chemical and Biological Technologies Department hosts the 2017 Chemical and Biological Defense Science & Technology Conference to exchange information on the latest and most dynamic developments for countering chemical and biological weapons of mass destruction. Find out more at http://www.cbdstconference.com
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees.
Send your virology questions and comments to email@example.com