Vincent, Dickson, Alan, and Rich consider the end of the influenza H1N1 pandemic, dengue in Florida, vaccinia virus infection in Brazilian monkeys, and viruses in the faecal microbiota.
Click the arrow above to play, or right-click to download TWiV #95 (68 MB .mp3, 94 minutes)
Links for this episode:
- WHO declares end of influenza H1N1 pandemic
- CDC’s FluView
- WHO global monitoring of influenza
- Locally acquired dengue in Key West, Florida (MMWR)
- CDC page on dengue
- Vaccinia virus infection in monkeys of the Brazilian Amazon
- Dam site where animals were collected for vaccinia study (Google maps)
- Rich’s article: Whence feral vaccinia?
- Viruses in the faecal microbiota of monozygotic twins and their Mothers (Nature)
- New Yorker article The Treatment (thanks, Jim!)
- Letters read on TWiV 95
Weekly Science Picks
Send your virology questions and comments to email@example.com.