Vincent, Alan, and Marc discuss using a virus for beetle control, RNA based gene therapy for AIDS, and reconstitution of a endogenous human retrovirus.
This episode is sponsored by Data Robotics Inc.
Click the arrow above to play, or right-click to download TWiV #88 (68 MB .mp3, 91 minutes)
Links for this episode:
- Controlling the palm rhinoceros beetle with a virus
- The virologist in the Hawaiian shirt
- Information on Orcytes rhinocerus nudivirus (one, two, three)
- RNA based gene therapy for AIDS
- Reconstitution of an infectious human retrovirus (PLoS Pathogens)
- Letters read on TWiV 88
Weekly Science Picks
Send your virology questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.