Vincent and Rich talk about how thymic selection of T cells might lead to better control of HIV-1 infection, and a mouse model for severe antibody-induced dengue virus disease.
This episode is sponsored by Data Robotics Inc.
Click the arrow above to play, or right-click to download TWiV #82 (59 MB .mp3, 82 minutes)
Links for this episode:
- Effect of thymic selection of T-cells on control of AIDS
- Mouse model of antibody-induced severe dengue virus disease
- Natural antibody protects against viral infection
- Kary Mullis idea for fighting infections (thanks, Erik!)
- 40 nm resolution of fluorescence photoactivation localization microscopy (thanks, José)
- Letters read on TWiV 82
Weekly Science Picks
Rich The Mold in Dr. Florey’s Coat: The Story of the Penicillin Miracle by Eric Lax
Vincent Proteopedia (thanks, Erik!)
Send your virology questions and comments to email@example.com.