This week the TWiV team explains CRISPR/Cas, the immune system of bacteria and archaea, how novel viruses are discovered by deep sequencing of small RNAs, and the relationship between dry weather and outbreaks of West Nile virus infection.
This episode is sponsored by Data Robotics Inc.
Click the arrow above to play, or right-click to download TWiV #72 (62 MB .mp3, 85 minutes)
Links for this episode:
- Review on the CRISPR/cas system of bacteria and archaea
- Virus discovery by sequencing small virus-derived RNAs (paper one and two)
- Dry weather induces outbreaks of West Nile virus infection (paper and comment form)
- Vaccine needle size matters
- Participate in the Personal Genome Project
Weekly Science Picks
Send your virology questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.