The TWiV team returns this week to SARS-CoV-2019 coverage to review the latest epi curves, the fatality rate, furin cleavage site and receptor binding domain in the spike glycoprotein, related CoV recovered from pangolins, evidence that the virus did not escape from a laboratory, and many more questions sent in by listeners.
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- WHO CoV sitreps 16:34
- Epidemiology of COVID-19 (China CDC) 20:06
- COVID-19 incubation period (J Med Virol) 36:22
- China clinical trials for COVID-19 (Nature) 38:58
- Furin cleavage site in SARS-CoV-2 spike (virology blog) 46:43
- Proximal origin of SARS-CoV-2 (Virological) 41:47
- Pangolin photos (Nat Geo) 56:00
- Letters read on TWiV 588 1:00:32
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Weekly Science Picks 1:52:40, 2:20:32
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees.
Send your virology questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org