The TWiVerers continue their coverage of the new coronavirus outbreak in China, as the number of cases increase dramatically and the virus begins person-to-person transmission in other countries.
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- ASV 2020 3:56
- Real time tracking of 2019-nCoV (JHU) 9:07
- Estimation of 2019-nCoV R0 (Int J Inf Dis)
- WHO Sitreps on 2019-nCoV 10:48
- Coronavirus overtakes SARS (SCMP) 12:03
- HHS press conference
- Discovery of 2019-nCoV (bioRxiv) 17:02
- Rich CoV genes in bats (PLoS Path) 23:09
- Early 2019-nCoV transmission dynamics (NEJM) 30:12, 1:06:17
- Clinical features of early 2019-nCoV patients (Lancet) 34:45
- Remdesvir for MERS-CoV (Nat Commun) 39:29
- Transmissibility of 2019-nCoV (Imperial Coll, pdf)
- Comparison of R0 of pathogens (Guardian)
- Forecast of 2019-nCoV (WHO, Univ Hong Kong, pdf)
- Quammen on 2019-nCoV (NY Times) 1:00:04
- Benefits of handwashing (NY Times) 1:02:19
- Asymptomatic 2019-CoV transmission (NEJM) 1:07:16
- Summary of TWiV 584 1:14:46
- Surgical vs N95 masks (JAMA) 1:23:12
- Letters read on TWiV 585 1:14:42
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Weekly Science Picks 1:40:55
Brianne – Pandemic
Alan – Educated by Tara Westover
Rich – Star Trek: Picard
Dickson – Highest Resolution Image Ever Taken of Surface of the Sun
Kathy – Scientists make vampire bats ‘glow’ to simulate vaccine spread
Vincent – Virology Lectures 2020
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees.
Send your virology questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org