Coronavirus expert Ralph Baric joins TWiV to explain the virology and epidemiology of the recent zoonotic outbreak spreading across China and overseas.
Guest: Ralph Baric
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- ASV 2020 1:21:45
- WHO coronavirus sitreps 32:57
- CIDRAP article on coronavirus vaccines 48:13
- Phylogenetic analysis of 2019-nCoV 30:16
- ACE2 is 2019-nCoV receptor (bioRxiv) 37:48
- Visual explainer of Huanan market (SCMP) 53:17
- Clinical features of 2019-nCoV patients (Lancet) 54:46
- Familial cluster of pneumonia caused by 2019-nCoV (Lancet) 41:28
- SARS-CoV 29 nt deletion reduces replication (Sci Rep) 59:20
- NSABB 1:09:53
- 2019 TWiV World Tour t-shirt 1:26:13
- Letters read on TWiV 584 1:23:27
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Weekly Science Picks 1:28:03
Alan – Library plug-in for Firefox or Chrome
Rich – Sounds of the Solar Wind (Parker Solar Probe)
Dickson – Stunning wildlife photos
Kathy – Incomplete list of things that blow the minds of intro bio students
Vincent – Mosquito photographs by Alex Wild (and anti-pick)
Justin – YadaYadaYada virus
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees.
Send your virology questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org