For the first TWiV of 2020 we reveal that microbiome depletion with antibiotics alters the immune response to influenza vaccine, and how successive blood meals facilitate virus dissemination in mosquitoes and transmission potential.
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- ASV 2020 4:41
- Vaccines are safe and effective (Science) 11:18
- Microbiome perturbation alters response to flu vaccine (Cell) 13:36
- Successive blood meals aid virus dissemination in mosquitoes (Nat Micro) 32:31
- Ten seminal virologists (virology blog) 1:09:14
- Letters read on TWiV 581 1:00:55
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Weekly Science Picks
Brianne – Retrovirus cookie cutter! (and Phage, Adenovirus, Rabies virus, and Antibody
Alan – “Yah! Yah! Yah!” by Jack London, and the true story it’s based on
Dickson – Why whales are big but not bigger
Kathy – Dual Axis Illusion
Vincent – The Fall of the Faculty by Benjamin Ginsberg
Suellen – Patient Zero podcast
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees.
Send your virology questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org