The League of Extraordinary Virologists celebrate the eradication of wild poliovirus type 3, and consider the effectiveness of an influenza vaccine produced in insect cells, and how small RNAs are protecting the Koala germline from retroviral invasion.
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- Flublok (CDC) 9:12
- Adjuvant study of flu vaccines (NIH) 15:59
- Immunogenicity of quadrivalent Flublok (J Inf Dis) 11:13
- Monoclonal antibody response to Flublok (J Virol) 19:13
- Current flu vaccine recommendations (CDC) 21:09
- Double dose flu vaccine immunogenicity (Hum Vac Immunother) 22:00
- piRNA response on retroviral invasion of Koala genome (Cell) 29:08
- piRNAs rise to rescue Koalas (Cell) 41:15
- Image credit
- Letters read on TWiV 571 2:35, 7:57, 26:46, 1:11:37
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Weekly Science Picks 1:29:29
Brianne – The Machinery of Life by David Goodsell
Alan – Pomological watercolors
Dickson – Wildlife Photographer of the Year
Kathy – DiversifyMicrobiology DiversifyImmunology and Marmot becomes fox food
Vincent – Burnet A Life by Christopher Sexton
Justin – Worm with three sexes
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees.
Send your virology questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org