The Autonomous CollecTWiVe reveal two effective treatments for Ebolavirus infection, how a virus in a fungus confers heat tolerance to a plant, and dampened inflammation as a mechanism for bat tolerance to viral infection.
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- Two new and effective Ebolavirus treatments (NIH, Nature) 3:16
- A virus in a fungus in a plant (Science) 20:33
- Dampened NLRP3-mediated inflammation in bats (Nat Micro) 32:55
- Bat tolerance to virus infection (Nat Micro) 33:55
- Image credit
- Letters read on TWiV 561 1:07:27
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Weekly Science Picks 1:18:03
Brianne – Deaf student makes sign language terms to communicate science
Alan – Show Your Stripes
Vincent – Sixty Years of Discovery
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees.
Send your virology questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org