The complete TWiV team give a report on the Ebola virus outbreak in DRC, and reveal that cell surface nectin proteins cause the transfer of cytoplasmic cargo, including measles virus, between cells.
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- Fire Alarm at ASV 7:09
- Ebola outbreak sitrep (WHO) 19:23
- Ebola outbreak dashboard (WHO) 20:25
- Ebola outbreak DRC (MSF) 22:00, 30:58
- Ebola articles at CIDRAP 19:43
- Ebola virus vaccine could run out (STAT news) 27:14
- Nectin mediated cytoplasmic transfer (J Cell Sci) 34:08
- Letters read on TWiV 559 1:13:28
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Weekly Science Picks 1:29:13
Brianne – DukeMed Distinguished Award: Bill Joklik
Alan – Audubon photography awards for 2019
Rich – Joklik paper on vaccinia virus mRNA; Joklik MEM
Dickson – Ghost orchid pollination revealed
Kathy – Crocheted petri plates
Vincent – Documents relating to history of ASV
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees.
Send your virology questions and comments to email@example.com