Team TWiV reveals DNA polymerases that do not require a primer, and packaging of hepatitis delta virus by the envelope glycoproteins of diverse viruses.
Guest: Kiki Warren
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- Bacteriophage DNA polymerase is primer-independent (PNAS) 16:30
- Primer-independent DNA polymerase from mobile elements (Cell Rep) 32:17
- Non-HBV helper viruses for HDV (Nat Comm) 48:54
- Waning of measles vaccine immunity (one, two, three) 1:15:40
- Letters read on TWiV 552 9:08, 1:10:51
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Weekly Science Picks 1:27:06
Alan – Seek
Rich – Want to See My Genes? Get a Warrant and NIH director will no longer speak on all-male science panels
Brianne – Unique scientists
Dickson – Vaccines – Calling the Shots
Vincent – NY eliminates religious vaccine exemptions and Jessica Biel reveals that she does not understand vaccines
Kiki – Converting type A to type O blood
Justin – An Apple a Day
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees.
Send your virology questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org