The un-encapsidated TWiV Humans discuss finding hepatitis D virus-related sequences in birds and snakes, and fatal swine acute diarrhoea syndrome caused by a coronavirus of bat origin.
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- European Virus Archive 4:21
- ASV early bird registration ends 15 May, 6:25
- FDA approves Dengvaxia 10:34
- Divergent hepatitis D-like agent in birds (Viruses) 21:18
- Novel deltavirus in snakes (mBio) 30:19
- SADS-coronavirus in piglets (Nature) 47:22
- Hosts and sources of endemic human coronaviruses (Adv Virus Res) 1:16:21
- Image credit
- Letters read on TWiV 546 7:30, 1:19:15
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
This episode is sponsored by the 2019 Chem/Bio Defense Science and Technology Conference. Are you working on innovative research that can shape the future of chemical or biological defense? Submit your abstract and present your work to more than 1,500 leaders from government, academia and industry. Visit www.cbdstconference.com for more details.
Weekly Science Picks 1:42:11
Alan – Plots of Data visualization tool
Rich – How to control the brain; Meet UF Physician Kelly Foote, MD
Dickson – Oceanix
Kathy – Iceproofing large structures
Vincent – Neanderthal Man: In Search of Lost Genomes by Svante Paabo
Johyne – NYTimes Mag Lab (sorry, no link)
Sheena – History of Vaccines by NPR
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees.
Send your virology questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org