The TWiV team reveals the repertoire of anti-viral antibodies in newborn humans, and a complement protein that binds the adenovirus capsid and prevents release of the viral DNA.
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- Maternal anti-viral antibodies in newborns (Nat Med) 5:37
- Complement protein blocks adenovirus uncoating (Cell Host Micr) 36:56
- Antibodies neutralize virus inside cells (virology blog) 47:34
- Image credit
- Letters read on TWiV 544 1:19:32
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Weekly Science Picks 1:36:43
Brianne – Doctors use HIV in gene therapy to fix ‘bubble boy’ disease
Rich – I Want What My Male Colleague Has
Kathy – Preventing airborne disease (video and primary article)
Vincent – The Mueller Report
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees.
Send your virology questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org