The Scholars of the Podcast reveal ribosomal proteins encoded in viral genomes, and a protein cell receptor for bat influenza viruses.
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- European Congress of Virology 2019 3:08
- ASM Clinical Virology Symposium 2:56
- Intel ISEF judges needed 3:20
- Roald Dahl endorses measles vaccine 11:53
- Viruses encode ribosomal proteins (Nat Commun) 12:59
- Bat influenza virus receptor (Nature) 39:45
- Going to bat for flu research (TWiV 173) 40:40
- Letters read on TWiV 537 5:31, 1:06:51
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Weekly Science Picks 1:20:37
Brianne – Yes, I’m a Scientist on Twitter. Stop Judging Me.
Alan – Impact of vaccines, graphed in heat maps
Dickson – Treehoppers
Kathy – World watershed maps
Rich – Gene Machine by Venki Ramakrishnan
Vincent – House hearing on measles outbreak (ASM comment)
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees.
Send your virology questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org