Steve Goff returns to TWiV to discuss the work of his laboratory on how retroviral genomes are silenced in infected cells.
Guest: Steve Goff
Become a patron of TWiV!
🎼 They’ll histone you when you start to transcribe,
And they’ll histone you just for tryin’ to get by,
So be careful when you uncoat your genome,
‘Cause everybody must histone.
Links for this episode
- Please take the TWiV listener survey 2:05
- ASV 2019 4:38
- European Congress of Virology 2019 6:27
- Histones loaded onto incoming retroviral DNA (Cell Host Micr) 9:04, 17:41
- NP220 and silencing of incoming retroviral DNA (Nature) 8:42, 41:18
- HIV-1 and HUSH (TWiV 516) 48:44
- TWiV World Tour 2018 t-shirt 1:27:04
- Image credit
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Weekly Science Picks 57:00, 1:27:39
Chaim – Tony Fauci on getting your flu vaccine (mp3)
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees.
Send your virology questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org