The TWiVidae review universal influenza vaccines that are in clinical trials, and discovery of an atypical parvovirus that causes chronic kidney disease in middle aged, immunocompromised laboratory mice.
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- PhD and postdoctoral programs at Dept of Microbiology, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai 4:47
- MSc program Molecular Biology and Pathology of Viruses, Univ College London 6:04
- Virology Comics on sale (Amazon) 7:15
- Outbreak at the Smithsonian 19:53
- NIAID strategic plan for universal influenza vaccine 22:39
- Fauci article on universal influenza vaccine (J Inf Dis) 22:51
- Severe 2017-18 flu season (CDC) 24:04
- Progress on universal influenza vaccine (The Scientist) 25:51
- Influenza vaccine is safe for those with egg allergies (virology blog) 38:01
- Atypical parvovirus drives mouse kidney disease (Cell) 51:16
- Contagious Thinking: Visible Viruses AR app 1:31:15
- Letters read on TWiV 520 10:10, 51:18, 1:24:25
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Weekly Science Picks 1:32:54
Brianne – Nebula Genomics: a new start-up offering free genome sequencing (with a catch)
Alan – GRE scores are poor predictor of degree completion
Rich – The Science Mill (video)
Dickson – The 12 cranial nerves (mnemonic)
Kathy – NAS report on Sexual Harassment of Women (free pdf) Iceberg figure
Vincent – The Tangled Tree by David Quammen and TWiEVO #37
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees.
Send your virology questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org