Ned Landau joins the TWiV team to discuss restriction of HIV replication by SAMHD1, and a viral antagonist that can be used to produce a dendritic cell vaccine.
Guest: Ned Landau
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- Support Viruses Gordon Conference 3:38
- TWiV #1 24 September 2008 4:25
- SAMHD1 restricts HIV-1 replication (Nature) 32:39
- SAMHD1 restricts diverse retroviruses (Retrovirology) 45:24
- Vpx degradation of SAMHD1 independent of uncoating (J Virol) 43:35
- Transduction of myeloid cells with Vpx vector (Gene Ther) 1:05:45
- Letters read on TWiV 511 4:17, 1:43:21
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Weekly Science Picks 1:31:20
Brianne – Online Immunology Course
Alan – Bacteria Builder
Rich – 2018 Ig Nobel Prizes
Dickson – Between Fear and Hope
Ned – HUSH silencing of transposons
Vincent – Paywall publishing ban (Schlitz statement); Curry on DORA
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees.
Send your virology questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org