The TWiVerati discuss the FDA Advisory Committee deliberation on the anti-poxvirus drug tecovirimat, and immune cells in gut-associated lymphoid tissue as the major target during acute murine norovirus infection.
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- ASM Microbe 2018
- Support Viruses & Cells Gordon Conference
- Faculty positions at Icahn School of Medicine
- FDA meeting materials for tecovirimat (FDA)
- SIGA Briefing Information (pdf)
- Errata to the SIGA Briefing Information (pdf)
- Gut immune cells major targets of norovirus infection (Nat Micro)
- RNAscope (J Mol Diag)
- Image credit
- Letters read on TWiV 493
Weekly Science Picks
Alan – Personal Finance for PhDs by Emily Roberts
Kathy – Optical illusions fool artificial intelligence
Rich – 2017-2018 snowfall graphic
Dickson – Dust from the Sahara
Vincent – The Last Days of Smallpox by Mark Pallen
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees.
Send your virology questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org