Vincent and Dick continue Virology 101 with a discussion of the seven different types of viral genomes, and how to use the pathway to mRNA to understand viral replication.
Click the arrow above to play, or right-click to download TWiV #49 (45 MB .mp3, 62 minutes)
Links for this episode:
- TWiV 49 transcript (pdf)
- Dick talks about hookworm on Radio Lab
- Dick’s video page at BigThink
- The seven types of viral genome
- Animation of HIV replication (thanks axiomatically atypical!)
- Changes in transcript abundance relating to colony collapse disorder in honey bee (thanks Judi!)
Weekly Science Picks
Send your virology questions and comments email@example.com.