Scott Hensley joins the TWiVites to review the current influenza season and presence of the virus in exhaled breath of symptomatic cases.
Guest: Scott Hensley
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- Weekly influenza surveillance (CDC)
- Influenza vaccination status (CDC)
- H3N2 glycosylation site and eggs (PNAS)
- Influenza virus in exhaled breath (PNAS)
- Geometric Defects and Icosahedral Viruses (Viruses)
- Image credit
- Letters read on TWiV 480
Weekly Science Picks
Kathy – Flow Virometry
Rich – Falcon Heavy Launch links: Flight diagram; Launch including booster landing; Tesla in space; Tesla orbit; Reusable booster failures; Booster size
Dickson – Next generation of weapons
Alan – Ed Yong’s story on fixing gender imbalance in science reporting
Vincent – CD4 Hunter iOS Android
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees.
Send your virology questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org