The TWiV team reviews the first FDA approved gene therapy, accidental exposure to poliovirus type 2 in a manufacturing plant, and production of a candidate poliovirus vaccine in plants.
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- ASM Conference on Viral Manipulation of Nuclear Processes 3:08
- ASM Public Outreach Fellowship 5:03
- Kymriah approved (PennMed) 8:33
- CAR T cells (NCBI) 9:47
- Cost of Kymriah (NYTimes) 11:39
- Accidental exposure to poliovirus type 2 (Eurosurveill) 21:43
- GAPIII (WHO) 31:59
- Poliovaccine candidate in plants (Nat Commun) 41:15
- Vertical vaccine farm (TWiV 47) 46:11
- All picornaviruses, all the time (TWiV 425)
- Image credit
- Letters read on TWiV 459 7:54, 1:03:42
This episode is brought to you by the Defense Threat Reduction Agency. Part of the U.S. Department of Defense, the Agency’s Chemical and Biological Technologies Department hosts the 2017 Chemical and Biological Defense Science & Technology Conference to exchange information on the latest and most dynamic developments for countering chemical and biological weapons of mass destruction. Find out more at http://www.cbdstconference.com
Weekly Science Picks 1:23:11
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees.
Send your virology questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org