The TWiV scientists reveal that mosquitoes transmit different West Nile virus populations with each blood meal, only to have the diversity purged in a bird host.
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- Driving past a milestone (TWiP 100) 10:25
- Debug Fresno (Verily blog) 18:30
- What could possibly go wrong? (TWiV 388) 19:55
- Chestnut blight(ProMedMail) 24:45
- Hypovirus molecular biology (Adv Virus Res) 27:00
- Mosquitoes transmit unique WNV populations(Cell Rep) 31:15
- Teaching science using pseudoscience 1:07:15
- Image credit
- Letters read on TWiV 451 7:05, 1:02:00
Timestamps by Jennifer. Thanks!
Weekly Science Picks 1:29:45
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees.
Send your virology questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org