The TWiV Council explores the finding that facial appearance affects science communication, and evidence that RNA interference confers antiviral immunity in mammalian cells.
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- JMBE SciComm Issue 2:50
- Facial appearance affects science communication (PNAS) 3:30
- Your face matters to science (virology blog) 9:25
- RNA based antiviral immunity in mammals (Immunity) 22:30
- How mice say nodavirus (TWiV 245) 27:00
- Press release on science meeting gender disparity 57:45
- The Traditional Lecture is Not Dead. I Would Know – I’m A Professor (virology blog) 58:30
- Sound of Silence by Disturbed (YouTube)
- Letters read on TWiV 449 55:45
This episode is brought to you by Blue Apron. Blue Apron is the #1 fresh ingredient and recipe delivery service in the country. See what’s on the menu this week and get your first 3 meals free with your first purchase – WITH FREE SHIPPING – by going to blueapron.com/twiv.
Timestamps by Jennifer. Thanks!
Weekly Science Picks
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees.
Send your virology questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org