The TWiV hosts review an analysis of gender parity trends at virology conferences, and the origin and unusual pathogenesis of the 1918 pandemic H1N1 influenza virus.
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- ASM grant writing online course
- Gender parity trends at virology meetings (J Virol)
- Professor gender perpetuates gender gap (NBER)
- Next generation researchers initiative (NIH)
- NIH abandons grant cap (Science)
- Genesis and pathogenesis of 1918 H1N1 influenza virus (PNAS)
- Image credit
- Letters read on TWiV 446
Weekly Science Picks
Grant – Antibody validation challenges
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees.
Send your virology questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org