The TWiV hosts review an analysis of gender parity trends at virology conferences, and the origin and unusual pathogenesis of the 1918 pandemic H1N1 influenza virus.
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- ASM grant writing online course 4:00
- Gender parity trends at virology meetings (J Virol) 13:35
- Professor gender perpetuates gender gap (NBER) 21:20
- Next generation researchers initiative (NIH) 27:20
- NIH abandons grant cap (Science) 27:20
- Genesis and pathogenesis of 1918 H1N1 influenza virus (PNAS) 35:30
- Image credit
- Letters read on TWiV 446 6:00, 1:08:20
Timestamps by Jennifer. Thanks!
Weekly Science Picks 1:29:35
Grant – Antibody validation challenges
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees.
Send your virology questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org