Vincent, Dick, Alan, and Jennifer Drahos consider Marburg virus in Egyptian fruit bats, bacterial citrus pathogen found in shipping facility, canine parvovirus in Michigan, Relenza-resistant influenza virus, new HIV from gorillas, and public engagement on H1N1 immunization program.
Click the arrow above to play, or right-click to download TWiV #44 (54 MB .mp3, 78 minutes)
Links for this episode:
- Isolation of Marburg virus from Egyptian fruit bats
- Inspectors find bacterial citrus pathogen in California
- Parvovirus killing hundreds of dogs in Michigan
- Relenza-resistant H1N1 identified in Australia (press and journal article)
- New HIV from gorilla
- CDC wants public comment on H1N1 vaccination
- Original antigenic sin (article 1 and article 2)
- Dr. Stanley Plotkin on Meet the Scientist (thanks Peter!)
- audioBoo (iPhone app – thanks Jim!)
- Audio clips (first and second) from the podcast No Agenda (thanks peripatetic apoplectic!)
Weekly Science Picks
Send your virology questions and comments to email@example.com.