The TWiVrific gang reveal how integration of a virophage into the nuclear genome of a marine protozoan enhances host survival after infection with a giant virus.
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- Microcephaly associated with Zika virus infection in Colombia (MMWR) 17:45
- Virophage genome integration and activation by superinfection (Nature) 20:00
- Don Nelson interview (pdf) 51:26
- Page view and h index for paper rank (PLoS One) 1:11:25
- Credit for image of C. roenbergensis
- Letters read on TWiV 419 7:30, 47:35, 51:05
This episode is brought to you by CuriosityStream, a subscription streaming service that offers over 1,400 documentaries and nonfiction series from the world’s best filmmakers. Get unlimited access starting at just $2.99 a month, and for our audience, the first two months are completely free if you sign up at curiositystream.com/microbe and use the promo code MICROBE.
Weekly Science Picks 1:26:00
Send your virology questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org