Host: Vincent Racaniello
Guest: Michael Diamond
Michael Diamond visits the TWiV studio to talk about chikungunya virus and his laboratory’s work on a mouse model of Zika virus, including the recent finding of testicular damage caused by viral replication.
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- Chikungunya virus chronic joint disease caused by adaptive response (J Virol) 11:55
- Mouse model of Zika virus pathogenesis (Cell Host Micr) 37:50
- Zika virus infection during mouse pregnancy (Cell) 36:20
- Zika virus infection damages mouse testes (Nature) 40:25
- Uveitis and Zika virus in tears in mice (Cell Rep) 59:45
This episode is brought to you by CuriosityStream, a subscription streaming service that offers over 1,400 documentaries and nonfiction series from the world’s best filmmakers. Get unlimited access starting at just $2.99 a month, and for our audience, the first two months are completely free if you sign up at curiositystream.com/microbe and use the promo code MICROBE. 0:25, 1:05:40
Check out the graduate and postdoctoral programs at the Department of Microbiology at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai. Deadline for applying to the graduate program is 1 December 2016. For more information about the Department, please visit http://bit.ly/micromssm 1:35
Register for the 2017 ASM Scientific Writing and Publishing Online Course. 1:21:20
Send your virology questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org