The latest Zika virus news from the ConTWiVstadors, including a case of female to male transmission, risk of infection at the 2016 summer Olympics, a DNA vaccine, antibody-dependent enhancement by dengue antibodies, and sites of replication in the placenta.
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- Zika virus disease in the US (CDC) 5:45
- Female to male Zika virus transmission (CDC) 7:30
- Zika virus in female genital tract (Lancet) 9:00
- Zika virus transmission in Utah (CDC and NYTimes) 14:45
- Olympic Zika virus risk (CDC) 18:20
- 15 companies on Zika virus vaccines (WSJ) 24:25
- Zika virus DNA vaccine in mice (Nature) 24:50
- Zika virus disease in Colombia (NEJM) 35:40
- Dengue virus antibody dependent enhancement of Zika virus (PNAS) 39:40
- Zika virus antibodies enhance dengue virus disease (Science) 44:05
- Zika virus in human placenta and developing brain (bioRxiv) 48:20
- Zika virus targets different human placenta cells (Cell Host Microbe) 53:55
- Letters read on TWiV 399 1:02:25
Timestamps by Jennifer. Thanks!
This episode is sponsored by CuriosityStream. Get two months free when you sign up at curiositystream.com/microbe and use the promo code MICROBE 1:02:25
Weekly Science Picks 1:31:35
Send your virology questions and comments to email@example.com