The TWiVerati revisit possible sexual transmission of Zika virus, and reveal how a cell protein that allows hepatitis C virus replication in cell culture enhances vitamin E mediated protection against lipid peroxidation.
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- Late sexual transmission of Zika virus (Lancet) 8:10
- Zika virus disease in US (CDC) 11:30
- Zika virus lab accident (ABC News) 25:30
- Mosquito eradication (virology blog) 20:35
- Florida mosquito control (TWiV 111) 19:35
- How tequila mosquito (TWiV 178) 23:55
- SEC14L2 allows HCV replication in cell culture (Nature) 27:15
- Lipid peroxidation (Wikipedia) 39:40
- HCV replicase regulated by lipid peroxidation (Nat Med) 41:15
- Letters read on TWiV 393 52:00
This episode is sponsored by CuriosityStream. Get two months free when you sign up at curiositystream.com/microbe and use the promo code MICROBE. 0:25, 48:40
Also brought to you by ASV 2016 5040
Timestamps by Jennifer. Thanks!
Weekly Science Picks 1:23:25
Send your virology questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org