Guest: Nina Martin
Nina Martin joins the TWiV team to talk about the movie Vaxxed, her bout with dengue fever, and the latest research on Zika virus.
Links for this episode
- Public Health United 7:30
- Fifty Shades of Science (TEDx) 7:50
- Parents convicted in death of toddler (Science Based Medicine) 51:25
- CDC: Zika virus causes microcephaly (NEJM) 56:20
- Dengue virus antibodies enhance Zika virus infection (biorXiv) 1:05:00
- Zika virus in Brazilian nonhuman primates (biorXiv) 1:00:30
- Zika virus IgM in CSF of microcephalic babies (Lancet) 1:10:20
- Brain organoids for modeling Zika virus infection (Cell) 1:12:10
- Letters read on TWiV 387 44:25
This episode is sponsored by CuriosityStream. Get two months free when you sign up at curiositystream.com/microbe and use the promo code MICROBE. 0:25, 53:10
Also brought to you by ASV 2016 1:18:50
Timestamps by Jennifer. Thanks!
Weekly Science Picks 1:21:25
Nina – Vaccines and Your Child by Paul Offit and Charlotte Moser
Dickson – The animals of Chernobyl
Alan – Five rules of lab safety
Kathy – 20 best science images of the year?
Vincent – Massive undersea crab swarm
Send your virology questions and comments to email@example.com