Vincent, Rich, and Kathy speak with Ralph and Vineet about their research on the potential of SARS-like bat coronaviruses to infect human cells and cause disease in mice.
Links for this episode
- Zoonotic potential of SARS-like bat viruses (Nature)
- SARS-CoV susceptibility loci via collaborative cross (PLoS Genetics) 47:00, 57:25
- Ebright and Wain-Hobson quotes (Nature) 1:17:20
- Misleading press release (UNC) 1:24:45
- Super powerful SARS 2.0 (not!) (Motherboard)
- SARS-like bat virus can jump without mutating (not!) (Daily Mail) 1:26:30
- Photo credit
- Letters read on TWiV 364 1:47:40
Timestamps by Jennifer. Thanks!
Weekly Science Picks 1:53:00
Send your virology questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org