The TWiVerinoes discuss the potential for prion spread by plants, global circulation patterns of influenza virus, and the roles of Argonautes and a viral protein in RNA silencing in plants.
Links for this episode
- Prions in plants (Cell Rep) 11:35
- Global influenza virus circulation (Nature) 20:40
- Rough patch for plant RNA silencing (Lab Times) 29:50
- Role of Argonaute proteins in plant viral defense (PLoS Path) 32:15
- Rub-inoculation (YouTube) 42:45
- Image credit
- Letters read on TWiV 343 4:00, 1:11:45
Timestamps by Jennifer. Thank you!
Weekly Science Picks 1:41:45
Listener Pick of the Week
May – p53 by Sue Armstrong
Send your virology questions and comments (email or mp3 file) to firstname.lastname@example.org