The TWiVsters explore mutations in the interferon pathway associated with severe influenza in a child, outbreaks of avian influenza in North American poultry farms, Ebolavirus infection of the eye weeks after recovery, and Ebolavirus stability on surfaces and in fluids.
Links for this episode
- Life threatening influenza and IRF7 deficiency (Science) 13:25
- Whole exome sequencing (Wikipedia) 18:45
- Herpes encephalitis in children with Trif deficiency (TWiV 175) 18:20
- Avian influenza in the US (USDA, ProMedMail, CDC) 46:05
- Ebola eye (NEJM, NYTimes) 49:55
- Viral persistence (Virology lectures, pdf) 52:50
- Uveitis (National Eye Institute) 51:30
- Image credit
- Stability of Ebolavirus on surfaces (EID) 1:01:05
- Ignorance with Stuart Firestein (TWiV Special) 1:15:00
- Letters read on TWiV 336 6:50, 1:05:50
Timestamps by Jennifer. Thank you!
Weekly Science Picks 1:26:30
Listener Pick of the Week
Mauricio – Vax!
Send your virology questions and comments (email or mp3 file) to email@example.com