Vincent visits the University of California at Berkeley and speaks with Britt Glaunsinger and Eva Harris about their work on Kaposi’s sarcoma associated herpesvirus and dengue virus.
Thanks to the Microbiology Graduate Students for hosting me at their annual symposium, and especially to Emma, Lisa, and Zoe for their wonderful hospitality during my stay.
Links for this episode:
- RNA element in IL-6 confers SOX resistance (J Virol)
- Dual uORFs regulate herpesviral translation (PLoS Path)
- Common viral strategy for RNA degradation (J Virol)
- KSHV SOX and Xrn1 together degrade host mRNAs (PLoS Path)
- Dengue treatment with Fc null antibodies (PLoS Path)
- Early clinical features of dengue in Nicaraguan children (PLoS Negl Trop Dis)
- Intrahuman dengue virus diversity (J Virol)
- Dynamics of dengue disease severity (Sci Transl Med)
Send your virology questions and comments (email or mp3 file) to firstname.lastname@example.org