Vincent travels to the University of Connecticut to meet up with Professor Philip I. Marcus to discuss his development of the single cell cloning technique in the early 1950s.
Click the arrow above to play, or right-click to download TWiV 197 (51 MB .mp3, 71 minutes).
Links for this episode:
- Transcript of this episode (pdf) – thanks Dr. Fernandez!)
- Cloning with X-irradiated feeder cells (PNAS)
- Philip I. Marcus in the lab (jpg)
- Cloning with capillary tubes (jpg)
- Cloning platform (jpg)
- VRR holding 1950s glass plate of clones (jpg)
- HeLa clones (jpg)
- Cloning cylinder (jpg)
- TWiV on Facebook
- Video of this episode – view above or at YouTube
Send your virology questions and comments to email@example.com.