Vincent and Alan discuss cap-snatching by the hantavirus N protein and the influenza virus endonuclease, HIV-1 and Ebola virus antagonism of tetherin, and influenza pneumonia.
Click the arrow above to play, or right-click to download TWiV #19 (28 MB .mp3, 40 minutes)
Links for this episode:
- WHO confirmed cases of H5N1 influenza
- Hantavirus N protein replaces eIF4F and sequesters capped primers in P bodies
- Ebola virus G protein antagonizes tetherin
- 1918 influenza and pneumococcal pneumonia
- Rabies survivor: Articles from CDC and New England Journal of Medicine
- ProMedMail report on Fatal rabies case in the UK
- Documentary film, “Naturally Obsessed: The Making of a Scientist”
Send your virology questions and comments to email@example.com.