Vincent and Rich visit the Microbiology and Immunology Department at the University of Michigan Medical School, and speak with Alice and Kathy about their work on HIV genome dimerization, and packaging and pathogenesis of mouse adenovirus.
Model of poliovirus bound to CD155 made by Stefan Taube.
Click the arrow above to play, or right-click to download TWiV 158 (52 MB .mp3, 87 minutes).
Links for this episode:
- Mouse adenovirus infection of macrophages (Virology)
- Breakdown of blood-brain barrier by mouse adenovirus (J Virol)
- Major locus for mouse adenovirus susceptibility (J Immunol)
- Structures in HIV 5′-end that regulate genome packaging (Science)
- Packaging of host RNAs by murine leukemia virus (J Virol)
- What, how, when, where, and why of retroviral genome dimerization and packaging (PLoS Path)
- Virologist replaces Steve Jobs at Apple
- TWiV on Facebook
- Letters read on TWiV 158
Weekly Science Picks
Listener Pick of the Week
Send your virology questions and comments to email@example.com.