Vincent, Rich, and Dickson review a meta-analysis on influenza vaccine, a killer virus in fungi that selects against RNAi, and the use of armed and targeted poxviruses for oncolytic virotherapy.
Click the arrow above to play, or right-click to download TWiV 156 (57 MB .mp3, 94 minutes).
Links for this episode:
- Efficacy and effectiveness of influenza vaccine (Lancet)
- Flu vaccine not as effective as thought (MPRNews)
- Blog posts on flu vaccine meta-analysis (virology blog, alandove, viva)
- Killer virus explains RNAi deficient fungi (Science)
- Poxvirus-based oncotherapy (Nature)
- TWiV on Facebook
- Letters read on TWiV 156
Weekly Science Picks
Listener Pick of the Week
Jim – Lee Cronin: Making matter come alive (TED)
Send your virology questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.