Vincent, Rich, and Alan discuss live blogging of scientific meetings, the current outbreak of Hendra virus is Australia, and using zinc finger nucleases to make HIV-resistant CD4 cells.
Click the arrow above to play, or right-click to download TWiV 144 (75 MB .mp3, 104 minutes).
Links for this episode:
- Live blogging scientific meetings (virology blog)
- Cross reactive Hendra antibodies in dog (article one and two and three)
- Dog owner replies
- Map of Hendra virus outbreak 2011
- Summaries of current Hendra virus outbreak (one and two)
- Recombinant Hendra glycoprotein vaccine protects ferrets (Vaccine)
- Making HIV resistant CD4 cells with zinc finger nucleases (PLoS Pathogens)
- Surveyor nuclease assay
- NCIS ‘Toxic’ summary
- TWiV on Facebook
- Letters read on TWiV 144
Weekly Science Picks
Send your virology questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.