Vincent, Alan, and Rich discuss growth in culture of newly identified rhinovirus C, vaccinia transmission among wrestlers and martial artists, and results of phase III clinical trial of boceprevir, a new inhibitor of hepatitis C virus replication.
Click the arrow above to play, or right-click to download TWiV #130 (45 MB .mp3, 93 minutes).
Links for this episode:
- Growth of newly identified rhinovirus C (Nature Medicine)
- Global distribution of rhinovirus C (EID)
- Vaccinia transmission among wrestlers (EID)
- Vaccine transmission in a martial arts gym (EID)
- Boceprevir for untreated HCV infection (NEJM)
- Boceprevir for previously treated HCV infection (NEJM)
- HCV antiviral pipeline
- The good viruses (Nat Rev Micro)
- TWiV on Facebook
- Letters read on TWiV 130
Weekly Science Picks
Listener Pick of the Week
Derek Tolly – A Paralyzing Fear: The Story of Polio in America (IMDb)
Send your virology questions and comments to email@example.com.